Beef or Pork Curry
- 2 lbs Quality Cut of Steak (e. Ribeye, NY Strip, etc.) OR
- 2 lbs Pork Sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper and garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoon Colchester Curry House Beef/Pork Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion - sliced thin
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil (Approximate)
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Milk (Can also use Yogurt, Heavy Cream, etc.)
- Grill pan
- olive oil for cooking
- Pat Beef or Pork dry
- Season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder
Make a curry sauce as follows: Place a pan with a little olive oil on the burner set on high heat. Put mustard seeds in the pan and wait until they begin to pop. Remove pan from heat and lower it to medium. Return pan to heat and cook down onions until they are translucent. Next add the Beef/Pork Masala to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in coconut milk and keep on low heat while you cook Beef or Pork.
Slightly undercook the steak or chop in a pan or grill from the doneness you are looking for (i.e. if you want your meat to be medium, cook it until it is medium rare). Let the meat rest for 10 minutes and then cut it into 2 inch cubes. Add the meet to the curry sauce you created in the pan and cook for 2 minutes.