Green Pea Curry
- 1 bag (16 oz) of frozen or fresh Green Peas (16 oz)
- 3 teaspoons of Colchester Curry House Green Pea Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion - diced
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil (Approximate)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (can also use Yogurt, Heavy Cream, etc.)
- Frying pan with cover
- Prepare bag of frozen peas and set aside.
- Set range to "medium high" heat
- Coat surface of pan with tablespoon of olive oil
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds in pan and cover until you hear the mustard seeds popping.
- When seeds begin to pop, remove pan from burner and reset heat to "medium low". With the pan off the burner, stir in diced onions. When burner cools to "medium low" heat, place pan back on burner and sauté onions for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- add Colchester Curry House Green Pea Masala to onions.
- add enough olive oil to masala to make it moist. The consistency should be of a dense sauce, not runny. Add olive oil slowly to ensure you get the correct consistency. The heat setting should remain on "medium low".
- Cook masala for about 3 minutes.
- Add green peas to the Masala and mix well.
- remove pan from burner and stir in 1/4 cup of Coconut Milk (no need to cook the dish since the peas were prepared ahead of time. All you need to do is saute them in the Masala so that the flavor is incorporated into the peas.