- 2 Cups cooked, diced beets
- 1 Cup finely chopped spinach
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 Tbl Earth Tones Masala
- Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on High Heat into a large pan. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the mustard seeds and cover them until you hear them pop. Remove the pan from the burner and lower the heat to medium. Return the pan to the burner and add the onions and cook down until they are translucent.
- Add 1 Tbl of Earth Tones Masala to the pan. Add olive oil as needed to form a dense liquid (the mixture should not be too oily nor too powdery).
- Add the beets into the pan and coat it with the Earth Tones Masala/Onion mixture.
- Cook for 3 minutes then add finely chopped spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Season to with salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Stir in freshly grated coconut and cook for another minute.