- 4 Cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 Cup freshly grated coconut
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Fire and Spice Masala
- Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on High Heat into a large pan. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the mustard seeds and cover them until you hear them pop. Remove the pan from the burner and lower the heat to medium. Return the pan to the burner and add the onions and cook down until they are translucent.
- Add 2 tsp of Fire & Spice Masala to the pan. Add olive oil as needed to form a dense liquid (the mixture should not be too oily nor too powdery).
- Add the shredded cabbage and shredded carrots into the pan and coat it with the Fire & Spice Masala/Onion mixture.
- Season to with salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Cook for 8-9 minutes on medium heat. Cabbage should be cooked through but still crunchy.
- Stir in freshly grated coconut and cook for another minute.