- 2 lbs Large, Extra Large or Jumbo Raw Semi-Peeled and Deveined Shrimp (Frozen or Fresh)
- 2 teaspoons Colchester Curry House Fish Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion - sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil (add more as need to ensure spice mix is fully incorporated into the oil)
- Frying pan
- olive oil for cooking
- Peel shrimp and pat dry
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- For best results, place in fridge and marinate 24 hours
Set burner on medium high heat. Coat frying pan with a thin layer of olive oil to ensure shrimp curry does not stick to pan. When pan is heated up, put shrimp curry mixture into the pan and stir fry until shrimp is cooked to your liking.
- Shrimp cooks very quickly so do not be distracted
- To ensure that shrimp cooks evenly, one technique is to carefully place shrimp down on one side and then flip it after about a minute. The second side will quicker than the first side (think 60/40 rule when cooking steaks) so the cooking process of the first batch (depending on the size of your pan) will be less than two minutes.
- Don't overcrowd the pan with shrimp as it will cause the shrimp to steam cook instead of frying.
- Eat shrimp curry alone or serve it over rice.