- 2 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 tablespoons Colchester Curry House Chicken Masala
- Approximately 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, black pepper and garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion - sliced thin
- 1/8 Cup Olive Oil (Approximate)
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Milk (can also use Yogurt, Heavy Cream, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Saute pan with lid
- Pat chicken dry and cut into two inch cubes
- Season with salt, black pepper and garlic powder
1) Pour olive oil into saute pan, add mustard seeds, set to High heat and cover with lid. When you hear the mustards start to pop, remove the saute pan from the burner and take off the lid.
2) Add onions, return to burner and set on medium low heat. Saute onions for 3 minutes (after heat is sufficiently reduced), moving onions in pan frequently to avoid burning.
3) Add 2 Tablespoons of Colchester Curry House Chicken Masala into saute pan. Incorporate masala with the olive oil, onion and mustard seeds until masala becomes like a dense sauce (add more olive oil as necessary. The mixture should neither be too runny, nor too pasty).
4) Add chicken to the saute pan and cover thoroughly with the mixture until the chicken is well coated. Make a circle of open space in the center of the pan and add one tablespoon of water (this will create more of a sauce), cover with lid and cook for 12 minutes on medium heat.
5) Remove from heat, remove lid and stir in coconut milk.