- 1 Cup chopped carrots
- ½ Cup half cooked yellow lentils
- 1 Cup chopped spinach
- 2 Tbsp grated coconut
- Olive Oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 tbl Earth Tones Masala
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Splash Lemon Juice or Teaspoon of tomato paste (for acidity)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on High Heat into a large pan. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the mustard seeds and cover them until you hear them pop. Remove the pan from the burner and lower the heat to medium. Return the pan to the burner and add the onions and cook down until they are translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional minute.
- Add 1 Tbl of Earth Tones Masala to the pan. Add olive oil as needed to form a dense liquid (the mixture should not be too oily nor too powdery).
- Add the chopped carrots and lentils into the pan and coat it with the Earth Tones Masala/Onion mixture.
- Add a ¼ cup of water to the pan. Cover and cook until carrots are tender (check for doneness after 8-10 minutes on Medium Heat).
- Remove cover and add lemon juice or tomato paste.
- Fold in spinach until it is cooked down.
- Stir in freshly grated coconut
- Remove the pan from the burner and stir in ¼ cup of coconut milk.