- 2 cans of Chickpeas
- 4 Tablespoons of Colchester Curry House Chickpea Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion - diced
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (can also use Yogurt, Heavy Cream, etc.)
- Frying pan with cover
- Drain cans of chickpeas and set aside
- Set range to "medium high" heat
- Coat surface of pan with tablespoon of olive oil
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds in pan and cover until you hear the mustard seeds popping.
- When seeds begin to pop, remove pan from burner and reset heat to "medium low". With the pan off the burner, stir in diced onions. When burner cools to "medium low" heat, place pan back on burner and sauté onions for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- add Colchester Curry House Chickpea Masala to onions.
- add enough olive oil to masala to make it moist. The consistency should a dense sauce, not runny. Add olive oil slowly to ensure you get the correct consistency. The heat setting should remain on "medium low".
- Cook masala for about 3 minutes.
- Add both cans of chickpeas to the Masala and mix well.
- Turn heat to "low," cover pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- remove pan from burner and stir in 1/4 Cup of Coconut Milk.